By Nick Berney
Selections based on a soft to good track.
Race 1 - 11:55AM GOULBURN HAY SUPPLIES CLASS 1 & MAIDEN PLATE (2140 METRES)
D-Day 3. Vyner, who was heavily backed late in the trade $1.75-$1.55 at Wyong 15 days ago, and although beaten, he was honest in defeat. The three-year-old gelding led at a strong tempo and tried hard to the line beating the rest easily. In addition, he brings the best last-start figure, maps to get all favours, and his ratings profile suggests he improves the deeper he goes into a preparation.
Dangers: 6. Ausbred Bluebird looked the winner last start after accelerating hard and ran the race fastest 400m-200m split in 12.65 but got gobbled up on the line by a progressive type. Further, she looks set to peak fourth up and is a definite contender. 9. Pioneer Lass was checked at a critical stage last start losing momentum, but to her credit picked herself up and closed off well. She is rock-hard fit and proven at the distance. Market watch 7. Makadeel who led at a fast pace last start and is coming out of a strong time race.
How to play it: Vyner WIN. Odds and Evens: SPLIT.
Race 2 - 12:30PM GOULBURN CARPET COURT F&M BENCHMARK 58 HANDICAP (1000 METRES)
3. One Pose resumes and has trialled well under light riding behind metropolitan galloper Lackeen. The three-year-old filly raced consistently last prep at the provincial level and has a strong starting price profile. She can sprint fresh and is a 1000m specialist.
Dangers: 2. Magic Talent accelerated away to victory last start at Muswellbrook 26 days ago and ran some of the fastest closing sectionals of the entire meeting. Additionally, repeating that figure/effort will make her hard to beat, but she must prove she can do it on dry ground. 1. Design Artist is first up for her new trainer Darryl Rolfe and hasn’t had an official public trial. Further, she was disappointing last preparation but has past ratings that align well against her rivals. Add 7. Dalmatinka to trifectas and first fours.
How to play it: One Pose WIN. Odds and Evens: SPLIT.
Race 3 - 1:05PM BRISBANE MEADOWS CG&E BENCHMARK 58 HANDICAP (1000 METRES)
3. Reach For Gold returns and looks wound up for this assignment after two strong trial wins. Further, both of those heats had time/sectional merit. The three-year-old gelding ran fast time on debut at Canberra last preparation and sprinted the entire meeting fastest 400m-200m split in 11.00. The Jason Coyle trained galloper can roll forward and give a sight.
Dangers: Expecting a bold first-up performance from the now gelded 2. Dijon, who has trialled well enough. The Gerald Ryan-Sterling Alexiou training partnership usually has their runners ready to run well when resuming and the gelding maps to get all favours from barrier 1. 4. Chalkley has raced in superior grade and has solid form lines. Add 1. Pink Panther and 8. Newtown Braveheart to all exotics.
How to play it: Reach For Gold WIN. Odds and Evens: SPLIT.
Race 4 - 1:40PM GOULBURN EXPRESS FREIGHT MAIDEN PLATE (1500 METRES)
9. Pharoahs Reign had every chance first-up but beat the rest easily, produced a career peak figure and ran one of the fastest last 600m sectionals of the day in 34.71. She will need some luck from the draw but has come back improved.
Dangers: 7. Avian Crescent hit the line hard last start and brings a competitive last-start figure but some query back in distance. 6. Vanburg will be fitter, and the drying track suits. 10. Sacred Cloud had the bias against on debut and is coming out of a high rating race.
How to play it: Pharoahs Reign WIN. Odds and Evens: ODDS.
Race 5 - 2:20PM KILPATRICK METAL RECYCLERS CLASS 2 HANDICAP (1500 METRES)
3. Deniliquin returns and has trialled well enough after being given a solid hit out at Hawkesbury in his latest heat. The four-year-old gelding raced well/consistently last preparation and went to a new level. Further, he was on an upwards ratings spiral before failing in a listed race and then was immediately spelled. Expect him to sprint fresh and hit the line hard. Each-way.
Dangers: 6. Sebring’s Rose was checked/blocked at a critical stage last start and hit the line well once clear. Her last few bounds were also strong, suggesting she would step off that effort. She is ready to peak third up and receives winkers for the first time. 1. The Maxinator sat outside the leader at an even tempo last start at Hawkesbury 17 days ago and tried hard, finishing fourth. Some query, he will run a strong 1500m but is rock-hard fit and will roll forward. Add 9. Mr Cantankerous and 7. Shaddy to trifectas and first fours.
How to play it: Deniliquin E/W. Odds and Evens: SPLIT.
Race 6 - 2:55PM GOULBURN SOLDIERS CLUB MAIDEN HANDICAP (1000 METRES)
Forgiving both 9. Glint Of Silver’s two runs last preparation at the metropolitan level, and he can bounce back here. The two-year-old colt raced five wide on debut and then didn’t handle sitting outside the leader second-up. Although drawn wide, it is only one turn into the final straight coming out of the 1000m chute. Further, he has trialled well and expect him to hit the line hard.
Dangers: 5. Rubigal returns and has trialled well enough. The three-year-old filly had too much to do first up last preparation and ran the fastest closing sectionals of the entire meeting. The big track suits and is a key late market watch. First-starter 11. Cash Is Queen has shown natural gate speed in her trials and will roll forward. Debutante 12. Kwik Az Hell responded well enough under pressure in her recent heat and maps to get all favours.
How to play it: Glint Of Silver EACH-WAY. Odds and Evens: ODDS.
Race 7 - 3:35PM GOULBURN MULWAREE COUNCIL MAIDEN PLATE (1300 METRES)
4. Arale has come back improved this preparation after two solid runs in high rating races and is ready to win/peak third up. The three-year-old filly had every chance last start at Newcastle 13 days ago but sprinted one of the fastest last 200m splits of the entire meeting in 12.77. Further, the winner of that race, Parlayed, looks like a city-class galloper. She maps to get all favours, brings the best last start figure and expect a bold showing.
Dangers: 8. Nullify will have to overcome the wide-draw but raced well/consistently last preparation. She has trialled well and will look to have the last shot. 7. Miss Tambo comes out of the same race as Arale and receives a 3kg swing to her advantage. The Richard and Will Freedman galloper is suited back to a drier surface and can rate to win. Market watch 3. Vega Prince, who has strong form lines at the metropolitan level. 14. Ningaloo Star is fit and has a gear change.
How to play it: Arale WIN. Odds and Evens: EVENS.
Race 8 - 4:10PM DIVALLS EARTHMOVING BENCHMARK 66 HANDICAP (1300 METRES)
5. Notions raced keen and led at a strong tempo at Rosehill 13 days ago but failed first up. Further, that race rated highly relative to the day, and she was specked $9-$8 late in betting. The three-year-old filly is suited back to a drier track where she produces all her peak figures, and a senior rider in William Pike rides for the first time. Each-way.
Dangers: Forgive 6. My Snow Queen’s last start after blundering when the gates opened. Moreover, she had too much to do but made considerable ground and maintained a solid fishing speed. The John Sargent trained galloper finally draws a gate during this preparation and has strong form-lines throughout her career. 2. Green Reign hit the line well first up and is suited over further distance. Some query second up off a long break but is a key market watch. Add 2. Tick Tock Boom and 11. Hot Dancing to trifectas and first fours.
How to play it: Notions E/W. Odds and Evens: SPLIT.
Best Bet: Race 7 (4) Arale; Race 4 (9) Pharoahs Reign
Best Value: Race 8 (5) Notions
Tips supplied by Racing NSW
Full form and race replays available at racingnsw.com.au.
News, results and expert analysis from the weekend of sport sent every Monday. Sign up for our Sport newsletter.